View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Odisnow View Post
The OD stands for one day, so my name means one day is now. I've often told myself in the past 5 months(that's how long I've been drinking on and off since my last longer period of sobriety)one day I will just quit drinking all together and stop fooling myself into thinking I can moderate and one day I will do better for myself. So OD is now
Cool. I was kinda pronouncing it in my head as Odie Snow, like the dog from Garfield combined with the bastards of the north from Game of Thrones. Now I will think of you as "One Day Is Now." I like it!

I've worked jobs with graveyard shifts a few times over the years and could never get used to the hours no matter how long I tried. I just figured when you posted this morning that you lived on the other side of the world from me or something.

Anyways, thanks for checking in! Hope you and everyone else here is having a safe and sober and happy Saturday.

I just got back from spending three hours or so at my dad's house. Had dinner with them and then took my nephew to get ice cream. Made his night and mine too. It's been crazy windy all day and now it's just pouring rain. My phone just screamed some kind of alert at me about flash floods. Doesn't matter, I'm not going back out tonight for any reason. Going to watch some old Simpsons episodes and check in here every now and then.