Old 05-22-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
toomanymistakes

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
(What I am going to ask sounds harsh but comes from my seeing parents spending their entire retirement/emotional savings bailing their kids out of substance created financial/legal trouble again and again and again.)

If you are going to ask your parents to bail you out of the is situation financially make sure you are actually going to be honest with them. Please do a inventory of your motivations. Do you really want to quit and improve your life or are you doing this just for a financial bailout so you can keep smoking it up?

I say this because I care and do not what to see this cycle start with any other family. Please make sure this is the last time.
Its not that. . . . . . . . . I can manage the money now. I can get some of it back and whatever i tell them about where the rest went, they will most likely believe me. I dont need them to bail me out now.

but i am scared that if i lie now, i will not be able to come clean ever again. And i HAVE been lucky this time because i have been able to get out of this without any legal issues. If it ever happens again, i might not be lucky, then they will get to know from all these different sources.

I might just be able to get away with it right now. Honestly i am really really scared of quitting completely. But this time i have lost a lot of money and its because i did something really really stupid. I must stop now or i never will. I think they can help me.

I feel more scared of myself not being able to stop than anger from my parents.