Old 05-22-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
toomanymistakes

I need help confronting my parents about my marijuana use

I am 23, a post grad student and i have been using marijuana extensively for about a year. At first i felt it made me work better in college and the first semester was great, i topped almost all my classes. But then this semester went bad bad bad i say, i ended up flunking 2 subjects simply because i had not attended enough classes and really had to force myself to do any work in any other subject. Now the situation in college is tense but not unmanageable and i have been trying to look for a way to quit for a while. Things have really been slipping and slipping and slipping over the past 5 months

yesterday i was travelling to another town carrying a little bit of marijuana with me, and i got stopped and searched at the station. They found it, and i had to pay a substantial amount just to get the hell out of that fix. I am also financially dependent on my parents almost entirely. It was approximately three quarters of my bank balance, all money having been given to me by my parents. They have never questioned any expenditure on my part ever, and i have always been a good student at school until this last semester.

Now i could just manage to escape this situation if i lie enough and well, and borrow some money from my friends for now. This will involve a lot of lying to home though.

The alternative is if i just tell them everything now. I dont know what the hell is going to happen. My parents do care about me a lot and in a conversation 3 days ago about my finances my parents said that they trusted me completely, [Thats what makes it worse an worse and worse all the time.] but over the past 5 months i have taken their trust and thrown it to the dogs.

I am really scared about the fact that i will never be able to win their trust ever again. But i also want a weight off my chest. What should i do? Any advice is welcome.