View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Greetings,

Well, it looks like the divorce is back on with my brother; the phone calls have started again. He phoned twice after midnight and twice early morning when my phones were muted. I returned his call; same old, same old. He called twice more. The good thing is he is reaching out to more family members and has now confided in my other two brothers, one other sister and a few nephews.

I think this time might be it, and I know he will need support. My plan is I will talk to him once or twice during the day if he phones as all others are working during the day; but, I will not answer after working hours. I will not put myself into the state of panic and anxiety with 8, 9, 10 phone calls a day like I did in November, December, January.

Pink, I am thrilled you are back online! I look forward to reading the two posts from the other side of the pond in the morning. It sounds like your friend wants to emulate you. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Restless, good luck to you, too!

Ultra, I went to college in the Berkshires....pretty three seasons, dreary and dark in winter. I love Tanglewood, The Williamstown Theatre, the Clark Museum, Bennington Pottery, etc. I haven't been to the art museum in North Adams.

London, your adventures make me want to travel. I haven't been anywhere in a while.

Determined, I look forward to your quotes. There have been many that I would like to needlepoint, if I knew how.

Knb, how are you doing?

Choobie, only one thing to report from book club . You will have to imagine the actual vocabulary used as I will not write it as spoken.....one of the women said she had bought a lottery ticket because it was over a 100 million dollars, and told the restaurant owner (our favorite waitress) that she will buy her a house in Aruba (her favorite place) if she wins. The woman who bought the ticket is very proper and reserved, fun and funny, but classy. The perverted one asked if the woman would buy her a houseboat, and she said yes, of course. Then, the perverted one asked, in her own words, if the woman would get her a large man who is well-endowed. The woman, without missing a beat, said, "No, you're on your own for that. I'll buy you the houseboat." I think the perverted one was disappointed she did not get a shocked response. But we are all used to her now.

Let's keep on keeping on.