View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clean4Once

Meeting my neighbor

I have a friend a few doors down who is aware that I don't drink. She told me that my next door neighbor also does not drink. I know this is a weird conversation to have, but it came up when my friend a few doors down asked if i wanted any wine or beer while hanging out. I have quite a few friends, none of whom drink when I am around, even though I didn't ask them not to.
My question is how do i meet this next door neighbor? I have lived next to her for a year and never said more than hi, how are you and very brief conversations. Im pretty social but i hate initiating the conversation unless people are stuck in the same room as I am. She is only a few yrs older than me, looks like me and dresses like me! I DO NOT WANT TO start a conversation talking about SOBRIETY! And i don't want her to know that the other neighbir is talking about her.
She is going through a divorce, but i only learned that after her husband (who is a police officer) moved out and returned last week and had the police (his own dept) called on him. She doesnt know i know she is going through a divorce, but prob thinks i assume bc well, her husband has not been living there for some time.
Advice??!! Thanks