View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
DariaM

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
Oh yeah! I forgot about the excuse thing. I think your belly condition is a good one. You can said "I'm not in the mood today" but you don't have to say "I'm not drinking anymore." Sounds so permanent and then it will likely give rise to rebuttals like, "You don't have a drinking problem!" You can say it is only making you sleepy these days or whatever.

The less of a deal you make out of it in your response, the less they will have to respond to.
I think that's a good point. Maybe I'll try to make it sound less permanent, but just say alcohol has been bothering my stomach lately (which is true) so I'm not drinking that day... no thanks. Maybe over enough time it will be the norm that I don't drink and that will be that. I'm sure some people are going to assume I'm pregnant initially. Boy will they be disappointed. lol

I think I was just concerned with giving non-permanent responses and that bleeding into my own train of thought... leaving the door open. Because it can't be. I quit for maybe 3-4 months about 5 years ago, and then started drinking again because "Hey, I can control my drinking!" And initially I did better with sticking to only 1-2 drinks every now and then, but it escalated again with time... like it always does.