View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

Hi ZAB ! Leave it to me to accidentally send from my iPhone before I was done! Anyway, what is/are some of your favorite self-help/meditation books? I read Alan Carr's How to Quit Drinking (The Easy Way). It was good, common sense info. Then I read Being Sober by the guy from the Betty Ford Center. It was very good also. I've read The Big a book and such. I enjoy your posts, as well as others. I just can't figure out why I can't quit drinking! You make it look so easy! My husband and I both are workaholics and alcoholics. I was an electrical designer for 28 years. Surprisingly, it's just wine for us (used to be beer a long time ago). I'm just so tired of it. I tried AA in 2007 and loved it. It worked for four months. Then I tried again about a year ago. It didn't do anything for me this time. I feel that I live an honest life, with God as my higher power, make amends as needed (and try to keep my mouth shut so I don't have to make the amends). I guess maybe I'm not going "deep" enough. I don't know. I feel like I earn my wine but boy once I start, I can't stop! Anyway, I plan on reading and reading until something clicks or I go for some kind of outpatient treatment. Treatment is all fine but it's got to be me that wants to quit. I have to decide to quit. Words are words from treatment people. My son has been though treatment a couple times for booze. Anyway, I will quit rambling here. Thanks for your posts.