Thread: So bored....
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
wraybear
Caring for the 3 little bears

sounds like a good time for a road trip! Get a map, find a place you have never been, and get the heck out of dodge! This is assuming you drive. If money is an issue, instead of spending money eating out and/or shopping, pack some food and use the money on gas and maybe even a cheap motel. Take a book. Sit outside of the cheap hotel and people watch and read a good book.

There are a bunch of little towns within 3 hours of here where big city artists/sculptors, etc have decided to settle. They got out of dodge too! I can get lost in other's craftsmanship as I don't have a creative bone in my body.

A different atmosphere does the body, and soul and mind good.

I know it is difficult taking that first step to go and do. I have been there, just wanting to stay cooped up in my "safe" house. I pray you will find the courage and strength to do something for yourself this weekend.

If you can't leave for a day or two, try a local church. See if they have any activities/picnics/celebrations. One of our local churches does a huge concert featuring patriotic songs and then picnic and ice cream. Again, listening to good music, may help you "get out of yourself" for awhile. I don't mean that in a derogatory way at all - I know myself, I get "stuck" feeling bad about the situation, unmotivated to do anything about it, and sink deeper into depression.

YOU GO GIRL! JUST DO IT!