View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Oh AO, I'm going to be totally honest here. You have long, beautiful tresses and have had them all your life. You watch the Olympics and decide you want to be just like Dorothy Hamill when you grow up. Starting with your hair.

If day one of sobriety was sitting in the chair and getting a hair cut just like Dorothy, then 4 months of sobriety was that awkward in-between hair stage where you cannot use a barrette and it is still too short for a ponytail (of course, after realizing that you look nothing like Dorothy, are not Dorothy, never will be and started growing out your hair as soon as you could, vowing to never do anything so crazy with your hair by choice ever again for the rest of your life). Crazy kids. Hang in there! The 4 month strangeness passes.

Be gentle with yourself, as usual, and remember that you are in the Midwest and season changes mean activity and habit changes for everyone. In hindsight, having grown up in the Midwest where much of my life was lived dependent upon the season shifts it makes sense that I needed to be cognizant of this with sobriety as well. It really was important for me actually. Hugs to you and great job, AO!