Old 05-17-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Beautiful pic, Weas. Has a mournful, somber, cozy and peaceful feel all at the same time.

Happy Sunday folks. Another bright and beautiful day down here on the upper side of the Central American Isthmus. Did some gardening up on the terrace this morning, found some occupants for my lone empty earthenware pot - a few extra vines and flowering shrubs that were mis-matched "side garnish" in other pots needed a home. Worked up a sweat!

Like many here, I have haunting memories of "Aftermath Sundays". Damage control. Hiding out. Fearing tomorrow. Self loathing. The list goes on and on. Today we wake up without regrets! One less suitcase to carry as we make our way through this world.

Bought 2lbs of fresh Pacific shrimp straight from Puerto Quetzal yesterday. Mind you, this 2lbs includes shells, heads, eyeballs, antennae, the whole 9 yards. Made a bunch right when I got home yesterday and will sautee up the rest for lunch, gotta eat 'em quick! The taste is so much better than the store-bought farmed stuff, really happy I went to the fishmonger and got the real stuff. Looking forward to stuffing my face with shrimp, salad, and fried plantains as I watch the MLB ball games today and relax. Great sharing my adventures and hearing about all of yours on this wonderful weekend.