View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
KaleGrrl

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Hi everyone. I ts been a while since I had at least a week of sobriety. I am in a real state today...depressed, low self esteem, overweight, angry. Not a good start for a Sunday morning.
Just need to get through the next 24 hours
Stay strong KNB, I'm finding these early days go up and down emotionally and it does pass. Friday I felt really down (that was day 9), but OK yesterday, and good today. Last night was the first one in days where I actually got good restful sleep. Part of it in getting through is just needing to get to a point of more healthful sleep, and it takes time and patience. There's a wonderful thread in the Newcomers section: "2 days in 48 hours" (something like that) by ZaBoozer--you get a daily play by play from him, physically, mentally and emotionally, and he's on day 41, really well written and inspiring.

Long day for me--Church, lunch with friends, time with daughter, lots of work to get done before the start of the work week. So glad it's all with a clear head!

Keep your cool, ignore the AV which is only a voice and can't make you move your little finger let alone walk into a liquor store, build strength for ignoring it and set your confidence at 100%. Everyone says it gets easier--I believe it, I've done it before, this time with more awareness. Shine on, Maybirds!