View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
skywalker91

I am fairly new on the process of recovery. However, what gave me the initiative and willingness to stop was to ACCEPT that I have disease that needs daily attention. For me, meetings alone just could NOT keep me sober. It was about connecting to a higher power and accepting that I have to hold my self accountable because no one else can save from this disease without my willingness.
Also, for me I could not have just limited my use I had to shut it out of my life completely. God helps me a lot but I know for some it is not their way of life. Ultimately, a good rehab/an intensive recovery sober living (90 days or more), a major rock bottom where you have no option BUT to change, Adding God to your daily life, are all routes to willingness/acceptance. A geographical change helps but only temporarily (Wherever you go, you bring yourself with you) But that time away from your environment even for a few months does wonders. Remember, everything we work hard for means nothing to alcohol and drugs in this disease of addiction.

Read Beautiful Boy/We all fall down by Nic Sheff. Also try to visit the US sometime and check out the AA meetings in Los Angeles they are amazing and life changing for me they were at least.

I will keep you in my prayers