View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Never thought of reading the adult children forum, as I thought it was just for adult children of alcoholics.

Start an I agree a forum for those who came from dysfunctional families would be useful, we could learn so much from each other. I'm not proud of how I behaved either and feel so much shame for my behaviour, but we can't change the past only learn from it.

My behaviour wasn't and isn't something I'm proud of but now I've had some time to focus on myself I'm hoping that I can recover from these behaviours and my previous traumas so I can feel healthy again. There's a lot of work ahead and a lot of hard work so for me it will be baby steps for awhile.

x2 until happy mentioned it to me, athough I still haven't posted anything in there yet. But I think we both qualify. Agree with you there is a lot to learn from others here, not proud either but thats all we can do.

I was also drink dependent during that but was living alone, so the anger part wasn't affecting anyone but myself and used to manifest itself in the occasional text messages or phone calls (and also that bit after, ugh)

A girl whose company I used to enjoy when I was still drinking mentioned the word codie to me. I had no internet at the time so I just took it as 'co-operative' and argued the case for that. I have read about it since though.