View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jaimes butia

Newcomer...having issues

Hello all...
Bottom line I was at the end of a SERIOUS 6 month cocaine binge, for which I subsiquently lost my job and am currently on State Disablity. (yeah, cuz they're some much fun to deal with.) Anyway, I've reached my 90th day off coke and I'm more miserable than I ever was at my worst. It seems like coke is everywhere, from tv to my friends and I've been dreaming about it every night. My boyfriend doesn't know b/c he has enough to stress about and I'm not really telling my friends because I don't want to stress them out either. The worst part is that I actually snorted 4 adderall when I went out tonight, unbeknownst to my support group, which believe it or not are take no prisoners drug bashers. I just want to know what my options are...I tried narcanon, but it's all crack heads and meth users (not that they'res anything wrong with that, but I feel I don't get what I need in the meetings and it just depresses me further. Maybe anyone know of a therapist who has a sliding payment scale in the Berkeley/Oakland area? I just don't know if I'll be able to get through this alone...as much as my friends try, it's just not helping.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jaimes