View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

Agree with happy above. Unfortunately there isn't a specific forum here for people who come from dysfunctional families for some reason.

It is a shame that there isn't a subforum for those of us who come from dysfunctional backgrounds that weren't fueled by alcohol and drugs.

I know people do, but I just don't feel comfortable posting in the ACF. Going to go out on a limb here as I'm the only bloke in the thread so far:

Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
I have been doing a lot of reading recently and I came across a description for anxious attachment and it describes me perfectly. Apparently children who have this form of attachment grow up to have a preoccupied attachment Insecure, self critical , seeking constant reassurance but not feeling better from it, fear of loved one leaving or not loving you, deep seated feelings of rejection causing worry and mistrust, causing them to act clingy and overly dependent on their partner and emotionally desperate in relationships. Possessing positive views of their partners, relying heavily on their partners for their self worth. Feeling they need to dramatically express their anxiety and anger to ensure the other person responds but feel fear that if they express their anger they will be rejected. If anger is expressed it is followed by pleas of apologies and support.!!
Wow. I can relate to every word of this. Ashamadely that was me at one point, when I was going through a lengthy breakup. Word for word of it actually . Anxious attachment, never heard of it mind.

Most of the individual components I can also relate to and were there at prior stages in my life. Certifiably single now thankfully, but I too have always been anxious for as long as I can remember also.