Thread: I got a job!!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
WooHoo! You ROCK, Liz! Apart from the standard "take it slow with the new guy" I couldn't be happier for you. You are a shining example of "slow and steady wins the race." The job with benefits is HUGE. With 16 years out of the work force, the "under employment" thing doesn't concern me at all. You are bright, you are a hard worker, and you persevere when things get tough. You will be working and making money commensurate with your value soon enough, I predict.
LOL, should I be taking it faster with him, haha? I know the majority consensus would say to not date at all, but I do feel ready and I am pretty aware of my recovery and protecting it at all costs. And, I've been completely honest with this guy as to where I am, where the divorce stands, etc and he has been patient and kind. He even got me a small birthday gift and a card last week. Regardless of new guy, I am making sure I am keeping my life in balance and I am truly very happy. My sponsor is on top of me on all of this too, and I couldn't have done it without her and my Al Anon in real life friends, as well!