Thread: I got a job!!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

I got a job!!

I started putting my resume out there a few weeks ago, just testing the waters but not expecting much in return. I got quite a few calls, had one interview which has now turned into a new job for me! I haven't worked for 16 years! I can't believe that companies were even willing to look at my resume, but they did!

The job is low paying and below my skill level. My new boss acknowledged that but has committed to a plan to cross train me on a higher paying position and also mentioned that there are always other openings in-house that I might find appealing down the road which will open up better income potential.

Anyway, I will get health insurance after 60 days so that item now can come off my budget! YAY. They also offer 401K after one year.

I am also dating a terrific man. Taking things slow and just enjoying the 'gathering information' about each other phase. He's been a gentleman, we have a lot in common but not too much so that we don't bore each other. No red flags, thank god. I am finding that my codependency hasn't been rearing it's ugly head, either, and I've been putting my focus on me and my job search and on how to handle all this change with my son, etc. I am spending lots of time with friends, going to meetings, and knowing that I will never put a man (or anybody for that matter) ahead of my spiritual and mental health ever again.

I feel really good. STBXAH is constantly stirring things up but I don't get sucked into his drama anymore. He is entitled to his opinions and rantings and ravings and I can hang up the phone saying, "I'm sorry you feel that way," and then I can go about my own life in peace.

Divorce should be final by the second week in June according to our lawyer. She said it depends on the judge but we are definitely in the home stretch.

So, lots of updates. Some scary changes coming but I know that I just need to take things one day at a time.