View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
edelweissx...

Welcome to the Board. I'm glad you found us and you took the time to post. That's a big, big step.

When we learn someone we care about is abusing drugs, it's like a punch to the gut. The lying, the hiding, the unexplained behavior...it's a betrayal any way you slice it.

The good news, if that's what you want to call it, is now you know. It's out in the open now and he has no place to hide. And now you have decisions you have to make, decisions that have been thrust upon you and ones you cannot duck.

Our role here at FFSA is to provide support, and to share our experiences with new members such as yourself. The more you learn about what it is you're dealing with, you increase your chances of making the best decisions for you. Only you know what those decisions are. But what I will tell you is what you want is not necessarily what's best for you.

It is now time to use your head. Your heart's your heart, and we all get that, but the heart often gets in the way when we have to make dispassionate decisions. And you can't afford that. Your decisions now will have consequences, and big ones. Remember that.

Keep us posted. And I'm sorry about the loss of your stepfather.

Welcome to the Board.