Old 05-15-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
MesaMan

One of my favs of B.B. covering John Hyatt's Song about visiting 'Graceland' and 'The King' is linked below. A few Lyric alterations make it all the better. Shot partially in my Homie Turf of the SoCal Desert; very possibly around Joshua Tree CA. That's what them Cacti are called.

Bass duties on this Track are covered by Player Extraordinaire Nathan East on his hot chit 5 String Bass. He's been Clapton's Tour Bassist fo evah, and has over 1,000 Studio Tracks to his credit. Including Pharrell William's 'Happy'. A very fluid Player whose inimitable style jumps out the Speakers at me.

Re: Teflon Tape... The good news is that I've got a Roll in my Tool Box. This Teflon Tape Con O'Sir even has the 2x thicker, yellow variety used for plumbing Propane Gas Lines, since Propane causes different chemical reactions than does Natural Gas. The bad news is that I used to keep said Tape in with my Plumbing/Soldering Torch. Can't find that Torch Kit now to save my substantial Caucasian Carcass. Bummer. Guess it's time to buy me a new Kit after having the MIA one for ~30 years. The Recycler in me hates to 'waste' Money on something new I've already got. The Grand Poobah running the Universe from behind the Curtain apparently has other Plans for Captain Cheapskate, here.

RIP B.B...
- 'Riding With The King' ~ B.B. King - Eric Clapton -