Old 05-15-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Good to hear from everyone this AM!

Virginia - you'll get through this. It's super smart to be honest and open with the doctor. Also, it's really hard to bring up depression, so it's good you're doing so! I remember thinking "am I really so down in the dumps that I have to tell my doctor? Maybe I'm just sad, everyone gets sad. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing? " -- long story short, I'm glad I came clean and you will be too. You're not alone.

Glimer - that's awesome to hear about your son's Jazz Band. I've been into jazz for about 20 years, ever since I took a "Big Bands" class in college and heard Count Basie, Benny Goodman, and Dave Brubek! Sounds like a great outdoor venue. It's so great to hear about young people who are following their passions, what a great and healthy activity for your son. And it sounds like he's talented too!

Peppermint Patty - you'll get through this, but old haunts can be tricky. If you're surrounded by other people who are drinking, I'd suggest trying to find some space alone during those times. I'm sure it's a beautiful area, so maybe instead of hanging with others during Happy Hour on the deck, you can take a walk or find some outdoor space to explore nature a bit? Just a thought. We're here to chat if you have internet!

Nons - keep doing what you're doing. Sounds like you've got a nice little plan mapped out and it's starting to go places. ^Virtual fist bump^

We had a small earthquake last night at about 4am. Woke me up but I didn't get out of bed. Came down this morning to find that one of my shelves in the kitchen came loose and when I opened the cupboard to grab my coffee cup, it came crashing down. It's kind of hanging by a thread (or a few screws) and it's really high up so I can't do anything to fix it just now. Gotta get my butt to work. Ciao for now!