Old 05-14-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
nymets86

Originally Posted by melki View Post
Have a plan, have a plan, have a plan! If you must go, be very well prepared and determined not to allow anything alcoholic to touch your lips. Always have a non-alcoholic drink in your hands. And have a back-out plan.
Yeah, I have a plan in place. While I suppose I could back out, it would be weird to miss my brother's bachelor party.

My plan now is to participate in the dinner's planned both nights, but head back to the hotel shortly thereafter. I've already let my brother know I'm not going to be drinking and I don't really know his friends all that well, so I can't see them being offended or anything if I head back early or turn down a drink.

Saturday is going to be a beach day and I'm planning to do some sightseeing on my own, then maybe join them at the beach later in the day when drinking has commenced and my not drinking will be less noticed.

I'm feeling very confident right now. Trying not to let it become overconfidence. I think it would be a lot worse if I were headed out of town for a close friends bachelor party, but on this one, if I'm just sort of the weird younger brother who tagged along and didn't drink, I can live with that. Better than the crazy drunken little brother that ruined the evening by getting so drunk someone had to put him in a cab back to the hotel.