Thread: Wedding bells
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
SadInTX

my ex is a compulsive gambler and has alcohol issues...we were together for 12 years (on and off)..he is the father of my two boys...at one time we were engaged, but we never got married. I lost money on deposit for the reception. I had already bought the dress. I eventually stopped wearing my engagement ring...I knew deep down that I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life with him...I finally had enough and told him to move out..My boys were ages 3 & 4 at the time. I knew I could handle it since I felt I was handling it all on my own even when he was there. It was a relief actually. I am just sharing what happened to me. But you have to decide what is best for you and your kids. Trust me, it doesn't get better, it gets worse...my AH just got a DWI and he still got drunk and drove his car a week later...insane. Have you talked to him about how his drinking makes you feel? Maybe he is in denial like my AH...maybe if he hears you out...but he is going to have to stop because he wants/needs to...so sorry you are going through this.