View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
greens

I can now but early on I was completely detached. Putting so maNY substances in my body cut me off from my higher self, and then even when I quit substances I would self indulge in binge eating and other compulsive behavior like thst, for people who are recovering from eating disorders - it cuts off our ability to tell when we're actually Hungry or Not. I bring all this up bc for me, all of this hard work I've done ariund dissociating and abusing my body in any way possible makes it 100%more exciting to be able to listen to my body and higher self . SaYing no to going out bc I'm too tired is hard for a ppl pleaser like me, but then it got easier with time. I studied a lot of Chinese medicine too and I am always looking for better ways to take care of myself. The one thing I used to struggle with is iron but I have found a good source for tHat but I can definitely tell when I'm low, it's just obvious now. I needed to take a lot of magnesium when i first got siber too , now i take it in lower doses unless I can't sleep .Another big one for me is fish oil with vitamin D3 , I take it In really high doses for my depression. So yea, I can listen to my body but what's interesting is that it always changes, supplements taht I used to take years ago no longer serve me as well . I think a lot of it is just trusting your In tuition (which didn't exist when I was loaded )