Old 05-12-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
greens

I personally dont, in early sobriety I found it really difficult and annoying. However, when I used to attend aa I knew people who Had long term sobriety and worked in bars ( even in early sobriety ) and I had a friend who loved raves. He was super honest abut it and sometimes2 other sober ppl would go with him to do the whole sober buddy thing. Lol I wouldn't want to go to a Rave wasted or sober bt it just wasn't something he wanted to give up bc he wasn't drinkiG an using anymore.
Imo I'm gonna drink an drug whether I'm home alone or out with friends it's just a matter of my mind set.
it sounds like the band is important to you, have u explained to your hand mates that you are tying to quit and do u think thy will be supportive? A lot of my drinking buddies said they were supportive and then they would try to get me to have "just one beer". I Had to find a new scene, an I'm glad I did. I really don't know of this will,be the case for you but I would definitely set up a plan of action. tell them clean living is the new punk rock