Old 05-12-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoveringkevo

Recovery is a really interesting thing...

Now when I say interesting, I mean that it is a trip in comparison to pickling your body pretty much 24/7. Including my 3 or more beers in the morning before work just to feel normal and stagger the hangover, I was a 12pk of tall boys and about 9-10 shots a day drinker. I currently have 2 weeks 3 days of sobriety under my belt. I feel considerably better but still feel tired all of the time, have really messed up gastrointestinal feelings and itch all of the time. Thankfully, the sweats and the shakes have ceased and my blood pressure seems to have begun to return to normal. I feel great in comparison and haven't had much of a desire to drink (yet). My biggest worry is that I live in a party punk house and play in a punk band that plays in bars and at parties at least 3x a month if not more. These things are incredibly important to me and I am not ready to seperate myself from but my health and sobriety is also important to me. Has anyone had a similar situations to this whether punk house or just party situations etc?