View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Jeremy, I will only say that I am 100% sure that your wife would support your being inpatient and away from your family if you use that time to get sober, and get your meds worked out. It's not shameful to need medication. It's a reality, and that is ok. You know that drinking does not work, it never will. It's dangerous to mix with your meds, and it has led to destruction in your life.

So yes, you would be separated from your family at inpatient. I am betting she would rather separate from you b/c you are inpatient than having to leave b/c she cannot handle your life choices.

I am sorry to be blunt. I mean no disrespect or harm. I know you can do this. You have done it before. Sobriety and getting your meds worked out has to be #1 in your life so that everything else can work for you. Your meds will never be effective if you don't take them on a regular basis, or drink with them, or abuse them. You have to commit 100% to your health and well being.

We are here, supporting you. We know you can do it, you just need to have faith in yourself too!

Hugs to you.