Thread: Becoming
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
CelticZebra

Becoming me is exhilarating, but the journey is so much more fun than the other road I was on, at times it becomes lonely but here I've found others feeling the same way!
Well done to all for goals, dreams, aspirations that are now closer to being attainable.
Personally I've started a degree course in Psychology, something I always wanted but could never find the time or the brain-space to study seriously before getting sober.
I've made a couple of friends and reconstructed old friendships too. My personal relationships have improved over the past year as I've learnt to understand that I CAN CONTROL MYSELF just not others!
I'm learning to deal with stress and emotional difficulties better and have more patience with others and myself. I'm also making less excuses to myself about my lifestyle and attempting to make small changes to my diet and exercise.
I love not drinking, I'm finally restarting my life (20+ years later!) and becoming who I am is the best bit so far on my journey, I can start to feel pleased with my choices and proud of myself for sticking to my BP thus allowing all other necessary life changes to take place.
Great thread & congrats on all your muscles/fitness/healthy lifestyles/sobriety and becoming!

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself