View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

Processing the information your given

Gosh, I've thought about this it tumbles through my mind a lot. Honestly, I've been given gift in that my threads are never ignored, I've seen lots of bastardized threads, and honestly feel bad that I get traction and they struggle to get a reply or two. Especially the true newcomer.

That being said, I have lots of people pushing for inpatient with me. I toil with the idea of inpatient, but also think what value does separating myself from my family and life have to do with sobriety? I really feel like if someone really wants to be sober they will get sober regardless of being housed or otherwise.

I think about AA, I've been involved with AA a lot lately they are the only game in town with lots of meetings and a program. I struggle with the religious part of it.

I like counseling, but most of the counselors I've considered only listen and give ideas and thoughts that are hatched on this site daily.

I suppose on my part there needs to be buy in, and believe me I try to buy in. But really after all this time I struggle with the buy, the commitment and know what to do exactly. Strange, I can recieve literally thousands of voices of support, and still feel like I am on stage one of recovery. Not true, I've made huge improvements, but doesn't mean life is improving because I still not doing exactly what I should be doing.