Thread: Suboxone Hell
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SubsSuck

Suboxone Hell

Hello All,

I am new to the group, site..I am addicted to suboxone, I am currently taking a total of 12 mgs cut into three pieces, I take once piece three times a day, there are days when I take 16 mgs but not often.
This is the first substance I have been addicted to. I have been using since 2006 and have been on a roller coaster ride with this drug ever since.
I took it for a migraine headache at the advise of my x one night, I suffer from chronic migraines, it worked wonderfully so I took them every time I had a headache and it escalated to an everyday thing over a period of time.
I was told the drug " is not addictive and non-narcotic", I realize now that is a load of horse dung. My x has an ongoing prescription due to her illness, I suppose she feels obligated to give them to me on a daily basis however I am the one who chose to take them so I take full ownership of my problem.
I need off this drug before it kills me, it is literally in the processing of destroying me. I recently had a heart issue which I was told by my doctor was a result of ongoing suboxone use, "sick sinus syndrome" which requires the use of a pacemaker. Now my heart is permanently damaged, however I do not see many, if any, cases of suboxone users being afflicted with this syndrome.
It is definitely causing me to gain a lot of weight, 40 lbs over the course of 7 or 8 years, I have a very small appetite and am, or was very active. Each time I would increase the drug I would notice I gained 5 lbs within a week, the other extra weight is probably due to age but like I said I eat little and exercise a lot.
I cannot go to a rehab center due to my heart condition, so far nobody in Washington state will touch me, if anyone has information to the contrary please let me know.
I have tried tapering but each time something happens and I end up back to square one.
I would really appreciate advise from anyone who thinks they can contribute to helping me get off this drug for good. I have come to the conclusion there are no quick fixes available for me and it could take years, which I may not have if it continues to have the destructive effects on other parts of my body, to get off of it
Apparently I am very sensitive to this drug as I have horrible mental and bodily side effects when I try to taper down. I have noticed some people were able to get off of it quite easily and others have been successful with the taper method, which I have failed at each time I attempt it. I have been able to cut down to 1/4 of an 8mm twice a day, that is as far as I was able to get, then I would end up increasing for reasons I do not remember.
If you have read this far I thank you for your time, I look forward to advise from anyone.
Thank you very much