View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ruthhoney

the addict who was in my life is highly intelligent person. His way of lying was half truth and omission. However, my gut tells me he is not completely honest because he always avoids talking about himself unless it's bout what he thinks he will be doing in the future. That for me shows no complete surrender. I don't bother trying to figure out where he stands in recover. I be known him for 8 years and his dad told me before that starting from age 16 he ha always in this cycle good for 2-3 years and then back in again for another 2-3 years and then again. I went through two cycles with him. He was never completely clean. One way I can tell someone is telling the truth is that they do not make an effort to remove your doubts. He was such a smart liar he refrained from talking about himself. He only talks about what he is going to do what he wants and would do but never what he did do... I am now much wiser discerning lies in relationships. Huge experience from dealing with the addict. I think positively this experience will help me raise my kids better. I lol be able to detect early signs and keep them off peer pressure for drugs.