View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
greens

Originally Posted by Falseclaimsact View Post
I have the insane idea in my head that "dinner with my sponsor" and "going to a meeting" are just cover stories for going out to get high. The insane part is that I thought AA was some sacred place that like, you couldn't pretend you were sober if you weren't. Like somehow there was a chalk circle drawn around that space and in it, an addict couldn't lie.

He chaired an AA meeting last week and asked me to attend, which I did. Is this to prove that he's going/has gone? I met his sponsor, who actually exists--but we did not chat (not that I expected to get a report).

"Going to meetings" coincides with other behaviors I've flagged as active using (nodding out, dishonesty about money). I just wonder if he's really struggling with getting clean, or creating a diversion to protect his lies. The former would be encouraging, but the latter would really tick me off.
That is not insane falseclaims, we are led to beleive that everyone In the rooms is "getting honest" and leading a spiritual life . I believed everything I heard in the rooms before soMe loving people told me the truth. What are you going to do to take care of yourself during this time? What has and hasnt worked in the past for you?