View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Getting that baby baked is your first priority. I remember collapsing into an angry, sobbing heap onto my kitchen floor at roughly 18-ish weeks with spawn #5, after The Incident with AM no that lead to my NC. It's a wonder I didn't put myself into the hospital, I was in such bad shape. Family screaming at me to do something - from 3,000 miles away... demanding I get my older two on a plane back to WA immediately (were they going to pay the airfare? No? Ok then, I'm broke, too!)... and then screaming at me for taking the kids away from AM because she would just drink more without them. I had made calls and sent them to my dad in Ohio for the rest of their summer break. It was madness. But in that moment, with Mr. Grits by my side, I made the decision to put my children and myself first. That was the only control I had, and they truly needed me. AM was an adult who could figure it out for herself (or not, and that wasn't my problem). The relief I felt... Oh, that sweet relief. Wouldn't change a thing about that decision. Put yourself and that precious baby first. Wishing you an easy, uneventful delivery.

I recommend sitting positions and leaning forward either standing over the bed or on your knees in it. If they have a birthing ball or tub, take advantage of both! I wish I could have tons more babies, but we're done. The plumbing is being taken out on July 15th!