Old 05-09-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Hope everyone's Saturday has been good (and those struggling with health are feeling better!)

Took a boat trip to Panajachel today, had breakfast in town and stopped by to check on my truck, which is parked there. All well. Was even able to pack some stuff that i brought with me, so that my haul tomorrow is more manageable. Had a couple of nice swims, plenty of high dives, and a real nice chat with a young woman staying at the Eco-lodge next door, she and her friends are here from NYC. I also met and chatted with the owners of the loft I've been staying in for the past week, they pulled up on a boat and we had a nice discussion. Nothing serious, just the usual small talk, but it was nice. Got invited by the NYC woman to meet them over at the Eco lodge for dinner tonight, but I saw a few of them drinking Coronas and my spider sense (lunar, you know what I'm talking about) is tingling. Might not be the best crowd/location/atmosphere for a sober person over there tonight.

So instead I'll sit here and listen to the rain come down. A little black cat is on my bed, she lives on the property and has been keeping me company during lazy afternoons and evenings. I've got a couple movies on the laptop that should keep me busy until nightfall.

Here's a pic of my two "buddies" up here at the lake! I'll miss them, but looking forward to driving home tomorrow after a nice week here in the Western Highlands.

Edit: And, one more pic of the great view from my bedroom terrace. I'll miss this most of all! Very lucky to live in a place where this type of scenery always at one's fingertips: