Old 05-09-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
LBrain

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
PS - I was thinking in the shower today (go figure) about how animals who spend a long time in a zoo often won't leave their cages, even if they are left open. A lion, tiger, rhino or camel who's spent too many years behind bars will simply be too timid to explore the outside world. A person watching them would wonder why they don't run free! But they are unable to comprehend life outside of their enclosure, and in the end they prefer to stick to the world they KNOW, even though life outside the cage would be a huge improvement. Kind of reminded me of my drinking days behind the doors of my apartment. And how I had no clue how to live my life as a sober adult. I simply could not comprehend a life without alcohol, and had no idea how to go about living outside the cage I'd created for myself.

This weekend, we gather here to celebrate our liberation from those cages. Whether it's mental, spiritual, or physical, we are finding that life outside of alcoholism is an amazing thing. For those still in that cage, or just stepping out...come join us. It's grand out here in SoberLand!
That bears repeating. Kind of like what I've intimated the past week or so. Live don't just exist.

You're killing me BigS, I don't know how you can live like that. It sounds horrible. With that Krispy Kreme temptation and all...

Hi weekenders. Good to see all of the newer faces aboard.
Have a good'n

Look up krispy kreme calendar.