View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
mystified
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
I'm really struggling today. I couldn't wait to post about how proud I was for hitting 60 days yesterday but I didn't have the energy to even post and felt depressed all day yesterday for some reason. Then today, I was feeling pretty down too and I'm now sitting on the train watching everyone relax with glasses of wine and beer. I can't help but feel like a failure - I haven't given in, I'm here posting and not drinking but I feel like after 61 days I shouldn't be on the verge of a breakdown just because it's been a long day (more like long week) and I can't take the edge off with a drink. I won't drink, I swear I won't but I still feel like a failure. :/
I am so there with you Kafka. For me it's like the novelty has worn off and constantly reminding myself that I don't drink any more is getting boring.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thats a very common thing, especially at the stage though Kafkaesque

We drank, and obsessed about drinking, for years - it's gonna take a little time for that to break up.

It's also still very common to do some internal bargaining as well - maybe if I did this, I'd...'

Recovery and change are processes rather than events.

I was like a yo yo for 3 months or so. Then thiongs started to settle and I got some traction...

don;t leave before the miracle happens , as they say in AA.

Right now you could be right where you need to be

D
Thank you Dee.

Right now I'm operating on pure faith.

Just gotta keep picking 'em up and putting 'em down.