Old 05-08-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Boy Howdy ~

Fantabulous Friday to all!

What, with Della contemplating Vacay spots, this Pic of me and Da Pooch in Utah on the inaugural Trip with my lil used Trailer came to mind. Fabulous Geology around my Trailer 'down by the River' there in Sheep Creek. Had the entire Campground pretty much to ourselves. The prior Camper even left us more Firewood than I could use.

I took a quick drive through lovely Manila Utah nearby. Not far up the Road, the kinda-funky Asphalt widened, and was new and smooth. There was a sizable Saloon right after this Asphalt transition. Why? I had just crossed over the State Line from Utah into Wyoming. Polar Opposites, in terms of Liquor Laws and attitudes on Temperance. Plus, with the huge 'Flaming Gorge' Rez nearby, there were Drunk Fishermen to accommodate.

Odds are you heard Metallica covering 'Turn The Page', Brain. A decent Cover, but I declined to post that Vid Link here. A bummer of a Vid Story Line about a Pole Dancer dragging her lil Girl around to Dive Bars. Having been a Long Hair playing Kaboy Bars sometimes up in Cheyenne Wyoming Decades ago, I can relate better to Bob Seger's Version. Eons ago, Da Wife and Gal Pal got similar treatment in W. Colorado. They were told to leave the Bar to put on Bras, or don't bother to re-enter. Who the eff in their right Mind kicks Braless 20-something Babes out of a Bar?

I think Cheap Trick did Fats Domino proud on this Cover... I've seen them multiple times. Good fun. If I ever plugged in my Bass again to my Kilowatt Rig to rock Rural Colorado, I think a good Band name for Geezers covering Oldies would be 'Power Pops'. Sez me.

- 'Aint That A Shame' ~ Cheap Trick ~ Live At Budokan -
-

-