Thread: Feeling Guilty
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

CarmenLove, it makes perfect sense. I don't think his way of seeing things is wrong or bad although to the extent that he can only communicate fully with other gods, it must be a difficult way to live -- just that his way is not consistent with mine, and I can't relate to him, or help him, or do anything with him, even understand him from the point of view of my current choices about how to live in the world. As an addict/alcoholic in recovery myself, which he knows, and which doesn't stop him from inviting me to use DMT.

I don't disrespect his choices and I enjoy his wit and wildness, but I can't allow myself to enjoy them because of all the other stuff that comes with them.

I've made a lot of those choices myself.

At the same time, it bothers me in a different way to see irrevocable damage, brain damage, self-inflicted sometimes but tolerated by American society, that begins when people are just children through neglect, abuse, and drug and alcohol abuse by them and everyone around them -- to see human lives that barely have a chance to reach health or security from the get-go. To me, that's a damn shame.