Old 05-07-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

You need to respect his decision and take care of you.

Originally Posted by Kristen555 View Post
Hey! I'm new to this forum. I was in great relationship with a man who is clean for 5 years after abusing for 15. He also grew up in a very distinctional family and was badly traumatized during his childhood. He was seeing therapist. He also has a problem expressing his feelings in a romantic relationship. And I never pushed him for that. We never talk about our feelings toward each other.But... Things were great. I'm deeply in love with him. I never abuse anything so we were in a "sober relationship" if i can can call it so. Couple of days ago he broke up with me over the phone. His reason was his long trip what he was planning a while ago. But I don't think it's a dealbraker. He didn't give me any chance to sit with him and talk about. I would wait for him to come back. I don't wanna be with anyone else. He said he had feelings/connection/attractions/chemistry and etc to me but he is not in love? I was pretty surprised and killed. Now I don't know what to do. He was the one who started our relationship and also the one who ended. Do I respect his decision? No. Not at all. You can't dump people like that. Before a break up we had some minor problem and surprisingly he got so angry and didn't want to talk to me. It happened once. Never happened before. Right now I'm so heart broken but also I have no idea how to understand his psychology. And what to do. I really want him back! He really blindsided me with broke up. Any advise? Please. Thank you!