Old 05-07-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Kristen...

Welcome to the Board. I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but I'm happy that you've found us. Others will be by to greet you in due course, but until they do, I'd like to share my thoughts with you.

He said he had feelings/connection/attractions/chemistry and etc to me but he is not in love? I was pretty surprised and killed. Now I don't know what to do. He was the one who started our relationship and also the one who ended. Do I respect his decision? No. Not at all. You can't dump people like that. Before a break up we had some minor problem and surprisingly he got so angry and didn't want to talk to me
People break up this way all the time, Kristen. Yes, it stings. Yes, it doesn't make sense...to you. But when I read how you describe him, he does not sound like he's capable of being a committed, responsible partner in a romantic relationship. It is also possible that your feelings for him are stronger than his feelings are for you. Which sucks.

The best thing you can do for yourself, and for him, is to, in fact, respect his decision. If you care about him, that's the right play. Don't hound him. Don't text him, don't email him or call him. Leave him be. And then see what happens.

Is this going to be easy? Hell, no. It's going to be extremely hard. But there are times in this life when we're confronted with things like this. With a little distance from him, you may yet find he's not really the one.

Keep us posted.