Old 05-26-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ribsy

I love a good hijack........

It's the best way to learn from other people
And gosh knows I can "poor-poor me" all by myself so I need a nice redirect.

One thing that kept me "hoping" is that my son is so freaking polite, even when he is under the influence of whatever it is he's chosen at the time. Other than one time, I've never seen him disrespectful or lose his temper. (and that was when I took his cell phone so he couldn't call for more drugs)

He ended up being Baker Acted that time because he left the house and slashed at one of his wrists.
~sigh~

This week he left a full xanax bar on the counter when he passed out. My 5 year old had the sense to bring it to us. My tiny 3 year old would not have done this. Bringing this to my son's attention was met with a kind of indifference I hadn't seen in him before.

It's hard enough watching one child kill himself. Having him take another of my children with him would be something I could never forgive him or myself for.

I love my son. But Love just doesn't seem to cut it with this. I just keep seeing that little boy and wish I could scoop him up and bandage his knees and set him to walking again. But I can't dammit.