Thread: Relapsed Again
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by buckeyegirly View Post
I have tried AA before and I am considering going again. I just got bothered a bit by the religiosity aspect of it. I know I should let this go but it really is hard for me. I have an overly analytical mind and it is hard to just throw science out the wind and accept that a higher power will cure me. I am going to work much harder on this though. Any advice?
My advice would be to try again, even if you have issues with the last time. While AA itself doesn't mandate religion, many of the meetings are based around religion in some way - others are not. There are actually atheist AA groups in some areas believe it or not.

I am a very analytical person too and also deal with anxiety...which is another area of my life ( like addiction ) that doesn't make sense...there's no logical reason for my mind to freak out and have the thoughts that it does sometime, but it still does. So i'm learning more and more that acceptance is key in all areas of life...and also keeping an open mind and looking for help and support wherever I can find it.