Thread: Relapsed Again
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
buckeyegirly

Thanks so much for all the messages and support. I got past day three and am now on day four. My triggers were two: I didn't get a job that I wanted and I had to take a 5 hour certification test and don't feel like I did very well. Also, tons of caffeine drinking in the form of diet coke, which has been shown to increase alcohol cravings. Anyway, what have I done different 1. gave up diet coke (caffeine) cold turkey. I had NO idea how difficult this would be. Honestly, it has been worse than quitting drinking. I have had a splitting headache for days, dizziness, cloudy thoughts, inability to concentrate, irritability, extreme fatigue and muscle pain. It's like a hangover that won't go away!! I could care less about booze right now; I just want a diet coke. But I didn't have caffeine during my bender so I am now 8 days out and the symptoms are supposed to subside after 9 days. 2. i got back on here and started reading posts, 3.read some more books on quitting, 4. honestly talked to my husband about the problem, 5, set up an appointment with my therapist.
Anyway, now I know why they say caffeine is more addictive than heroin...