View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Sorry you're feeling as you are, sleepie. Life isn't nearly as easy as we'd often like it to be, and when we have whatever reason to doubt ourselves as capable of getting through another day, things can really become tough. There are no easy answers for all our challenges. Sure, being responsible helps. Keeping sober obviously helps too. Taking action, making changes, learning as we go -- all this helps.

Life for me is an inside job sleepie. Inside me is my life. Circumstances are whatever they maybe, and that is all about the ups and downs of everybody's life. No one has a perfect life as we all know.

I don't need everything in my life to be all good and so on to be living the good life. You know about my circumstances sleepie, and you know I appreciate your support. I want you to also know, even with my grim circumstances, I'm still living the good life, just like I was before cancer came to town.

Its what do we do with what we got to bring the game home, yeah? What is it about ourselves which gets us beyond whatever circumstances?

So, I have terminal cancer. This simply means cancer will almost certainly take my life sooner rather than later. The thing here is I was going to die eventually anyways even if by old age, so what has really changed? Well, my life is likely shortened big time. What remains the same is I can still be who I was before cancer because my life is built from the inside out. My experiences are my life, are what make me me. Cancer can't change my past, and so I prevail through such horrible circumstances knowing I'm still me.

There is real purpose in being who and what we are. And it becomes even clearer as circumstances go south on us. It seems just words sometimes, but believing in ourselves, with a focus on change and renewal, such belief can rise above and carry us through into living the good life even though things can appear to be otherwise.

Think "inside job" (((sleepie)))