View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
QuietToday

I did this also when I was at my utmost worst two years ago. I eventually got so bad with it that I'd come to whatever overnight job I currently had drunk, parking my car usually awfully, then punch in, go to the bathroom and sleep for an hour before waking up and drinking from a short whiskey and wine kept in a water bottle during the night.

It was really bad, but I, myself, was really awful during this phase. I'd work jobs just long enough for unemployment and then get fired for slacking; I didn't care about living on not enough money because I had moved back in with my mother and felt no responsibility towards anything. I'd given up, or lost, all of the good things I had for drinking, and I know very well now that it wasn't worth it.

I know this isn't your story, as you have and are aware of your responsibilities--- so embrace them more tightly! You haven't left everything behind so to "allow" a drunken life; you've got a lot to live soberly for, a lot of good things to live soberly for.
Remember all of these things you are gambling every time you wish to drink at work (or at all!); you've got a lot of excellent reasons to live a clear and sober life!