Old 05-05-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CodeJob

Hi Ruth,

Are you on Facebook or something to see this 'perfect' couple photo? She was an addict too? I'm concerned you are beating yourself up over a man who lies and has a nasty history of addiction. Is he really worth it? I suspect you are totally falling for a mirage. One picture does not a perfect couple make and YOU know this in your heart. You've lived through this guy's ups and downs for 8 years!

I think you have a decent amount of insight into this man being a liar and unable to be clear about relationship status. He pushed away those who love him which indicates an emotional immaturity and likely a lack of self esteem. I would not be surprised if he circled around again not long after the wedding hoping to keep you on the line...

Time to cut the line sweetie and find a man who
1. is sober
2. has a job
3. uses his vacation for vacation and not rehab
4. is honest
5. lives in reality

That is not asking much. I am sure you can edit this and add to it. Time to find a real partner and not some emotionally frozen lying bad boy.

Unless you think you aren't worth it. If that is a problem, just call up a counselor and work through it. You are 32 and old enough to work out your stuff. The younger you do it, the smoother your future will be. I promise.