Old 05-05-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Ah, Rio...

Had a fab time there near the end of 2001 during my last Corp Trip pre-Early Retirement. The view below from my Hotel was West of Town. Apparently, the Hotel Owners had the sense to snatch up the Land adjacent for a 3 Hole Golf Course. Otherwise, it would be Wall-to-Wall Hotels. Amazing Rock Formations there. BAM!!! Right up and out of the Topography. Hang Gliders were circling around on the Ocean Breezes.

As Bourdain showed, killer Food. Something like 18 different Cultures in their Bloodlines. Insanely gorgeous People. Dutch/Aztec/Japanese Combos, for example...

Petrol and Crop Trucks - like Sugarcane - were routinely Hijacked. So, the then-new Tech of Real Time GPS 'Asset' Tracking was a big deal; part of my Research Mission that Trip. Trying to fit Hands Free Cellphone Tech into their minute Cars there was another challenge I investigated. It was not yet in Cellphones.

Down on the Beach, some serious Stud Muffins were playing Volleyball. No Arms/Hands were used. Serve by kicking the Ball off a small mound of Sand. Receive the Serve on the Sternum. Set using no Arms. Head bump, whatever... Spike by kicking while completely upside-down, and inverted. Simply amazing.

One place I'd fly back to with Da Wife on Vacation.

-