View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
pinkgate

I posted a while back about my sugar, carb, and chocolate "issue". I'm finding I may need to pull out some things from my sober bag of tricks to keep me on track with that stuff, too. I get mild anxiety like I did when I stopped alcohol, and also want to make a run to the store to get the stuff I'm trying to quit (this time it's chocolate cake, for example, not wine!). It's eerily surprising the similarity.

So I'm going to take a nice bath to soothe this little anxiety-like craving, like I did right when I got home back when I first stopped drinking.

Thank you for the input on my post from yesterday about the drinking peeps in my life. I find it interesting that I don't feel inclined to get all preachy on people. Of course, if they wanted support in quitting alcohol, or tobacco or anything to improve their life, I'd be there for them no problem (and have done so). But otherwise I feel some sense of detachment to anyone else's drinking. (And I am careful to not judge, either, knowing what I've learned about the whole alcohol and addiction process.)

Have a good day, Overs!