View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
QuietToday

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Hey there QT, try and be kind to yourself. The drunk you buggered it up, not the sober you. You are now the sober you. First heal yourself mate, then you can make amends to that girl. You owe it to yourself to get better first. Keep on keeping on chap.
Thanks, and that's a good way of looking at it. I'm trying to find different mantras to pull me through, as I remember that helped the first/only time I quit. Thinking of myself as a "sober self" seems like a really good way to keep myself focused and moving forward, and also aware of how dangerous the "drunk self" always was, and always will be.

Originally Posted by FrankLapidas View Post
Quiet, you mentioned your writing. What sort of writing were you doing, or would like to do?
I liked writing fiction. I'd two short stories published back in 2012 even, which I guess has been my life's highpoint.
I really loved writing fiction, but I don't know what happened. I used to do it all while drinking, but right in the middle of 2012 I just couldn't do it anymore; stories and characters wouldn't come, and for more than a year now I've not written at all.
I really never understood why it happened. Writing was the only thing I was any good at and had fun with, but one day I just couldn't make it happen anymore.