Thread: Anxiety tips
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I know the feeling. I'm seeing a counselor for anxiety too as I didn't want to start any meds and it's helping. I only go once a week though so there are many days in between when I need to deal with it on my own. Sounds like you've done some of the things I've tried...exercise, meditation. Keeping busy or having a task list helps me too, keeps my mind off thinking about the anxiety, which of course makes it worse.
Thanks! yeah thats kind of my thing I dont want to do meds. But every now and then I turn to my wife and say "I sure could use a valium or something right now!"

Sure stress is a trigger but this anxiety just comes out of nowhere. I can listen to zen music go for a walk or read a book and feel great. Its just hard to do that when you SHOULD be working at work. Or when work is a major trigger its hard to even begin the work.

Thanks for your response I just keep trying its all i can do. I keep asking myself how bad is this? should I just bite the bullet go see a therapist with money i dont have and get on some meds. Has it gotten to this? I've tried all the non med solutions. I'm fit and slim and healthy as a horse I eat a vegan diet and feel great physically etc.. But once again it rears its ugly head.

But then this could all just be normal. High anxiety so i can appreciate the low anxiety just another up and down of life maybe theres noting to see here.