View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Good morning all,

It is the start of day twenty eight for me. I now have a whole four weeks sobriety under my belt. Who would have thought that four weeks ago? Business first.

Physically I am fine. I did not have a headache this morning. The cheek numbness is there, but it is so barely perceptible. I slept fine last night. I only woke once, not sure why, but it was as easy as roll over and back to sleep. My hands are a mess, but that is from the building renovations. My body is crying for exercise, so no more procrastination. I am famished. It is a great feeling to have an appetite again.

Mentally I am great. I am back at work this week and am looking forward to it. I don't think that I will have that much to do, but you never know. I have started reading a new book - real meditation for real alcoholics. I hope it is not going to be another "ram AA down your throat, for there is no other way" type book. So far so good.

Emotionally, I am good. I find that writing this thread, and reading your feedback is really cathartic for me. I have never been much of a writer, but hey, it is never too late. I do have the occasional twinge, but it does get easier every day.

I have given some serious thought to this book lark. I think that it is doable. I have the idea of the framework in my head and am going to start today. After my chat with the EB (editor buddy), I have decided that it has to be a totally honest account. There can be no holding back at all. If it offends some - tough ****. As promised, there will be sex; drugs and rock 'n roll in it. I am not sure anyone would believe that stuff that I got up to, but hey, I was there and I lived it. One thing that I am sure of is whether to include photographs or not. I am against it at the moment as I would have to either get peoples permission or black their faces out. This sort of goes against the point of including the photograph in the first place. The other thing that is bothering me is that I have to either change peoples names, or get their permission to use the real name. This also irritates me as it is my story, tough **** if they happened to be in it. EB also things the title is too vague. I am not sure "Getting leg over" or "Chasing high" are good titles either. EB reckons to write the book then come up with a title. Apparently I am not allowed to do advance signing either - I am supposed to write the book first. What a crock of shite - don't people understand that this is going to be a bestseller?

The last bit of renovations need to be done. The walls painted; the granite kitchen tops extended; the cupboards put back and the skirting boards re-installed. I am thinking of moving the fireplace in the master bedroom to the lounge, and then installing a closed system fireplace in the master bedroom. This would give me a nice ambiance in the lounge if I ever do decide to entertain. I must say that so far, the house is looking great inside. You would not recognize the inside if you had seen it before.

Aahh well, work has decided to intervene with my day. I suppose I should get it done. First though, time for a smoke and a cup of coffee. Then time to earn my keep.

Be safe and be strong,

Cheers

ZAB